The Children's Place eGift Cards are distributed by CashStar, Inc.
CashStar, Inc. (“CashStar”) recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of all information provided to us and to our clients through the use of our services and related websites (the “Sites”). We created the following policy guidelines with a fundamental respect for your right to privacy to guide our relationship with our users and consumers (collectively or individually, “Consumers”) who use any of the websites, services, or applications owned or provided by CashStar, such as the The Children's Place eGift Card service at childrensplace.cashstar.com.
The Information CashStar Collects
CashStar may collect information before or after you purchase an eGift Card, if you contact Customer Support, or to fulfill your requests to participate in certain offers and promotions.
- Consumer Provided Information: When you visit childrensplace.cashstar.com, you may provide to CashStar what is generally called “personally identifiable” information (such as your name, email address, postal mailing address, and home/mobile telephone number, etc.) as well as credit card information if you purchase an eGift Card from or otherwise participate in services offered on the Sites. In addition, you may have the option of providing us with certain demographic information about yourself (such as age, gender, zip code, and state).
- “Cookies” Information: When you visit the Sites, we may send one or more cookies (a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters) to your computer. CashStar uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to childrensplace.cashstar.com. These persistent cookies can be removed, but each web browser is a little different. So, please review your browser's “Help” file to learn the correct way to modify your cookies setup. We do not link the information we store in cookies to any personally identifiable information you submit while on our site.
- “Automatically Collected” Information: When you use the Sites or open one of our HTML emails, we automatically record certain data, including “clear gifs” or “web beacons,” cookies (discussed above), IP addresses, unique “device IDs” (similar to IP addresses), and log files. “Automatically collected” data includes viewing and redemption activity, web browser type, the website that referred you to us, the web pages you viewed on the Sites, and the dates and times that you visited the Sites.
- Client Provided Information: When CashStar manages eGift Card promotions, a unique identifier is shared with CashStar in order to process the eGift Card generation, delivery and redemption activity. CashStar does not receive any personally identifiable information from these unique identifiers, which are used to process the eGift Card promotion.
CashStar may also receive additional information from Facebook or other applications. You should review the privacy practices and settings of Facebook and other applications to understand the ways they will be using your data.
The Way CashStar Uses Information
CashStar uses the information that we collect to:
- operate, maintain, and provide to you all of the eGift Card services and promotional offerings found on the childrensplace.cashstar.com site;
- notify you of major service updates or for customer service purposes; process and record eGift Card printing and redemption activity and monitor usage trends and preferences;
- improve the way the transactions work and look and create new features and functionality;
- monitor the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and improve our marketing and promotional efforts; and
- occasionally send you other information about CashStar, its clients, affiliates and business partners and their products and services. You may at any time choose to 'opt-in' or unsubscribe to this information.
When CashStar Discloses Information
CashStar may disclose “automatically collected” data (such as eGift Card viewing and redemption activity) to its Clients and subcontractors.
We may disclose Customer information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws or respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, or warrant.
We also reserve the right to disclose Customer information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; protect Clients from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Sites; and to protect against fraudulent uses, the rights, property, or personal safety of CashStar, our Clients, or others.
In some cases if you decline to share personal information on the childrensplace.cashstar.com site, CashStar will not be able to provide certain services to you.
Our Commitment to Data Security
CashStar uses physical, managerial, and technical safeguards designed to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. WE CANNOT, HOWEVER, ENSURE OR WARRANT THE SECURITY OF ANY INFORMATION YOU TRANSMIT TO CASHSTAR, AND YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. We caution you about transmitting valuable bank or credit information in a public place (airports or cafes.) While your credit card company or bank will typically use security protection, you should ensure that you are using a secure network.
Once we receive your transmission of information, CashStar makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
In the Event of Merger or Sale
If CashStar is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our Consumers as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
CashStar Contact Information
129 Middle Street, 2nd Floor
Portland, ME 04101
We will respond to your inquiry within 30 days of its receipt.
The Children's Place eGift Card, powered by CashStar.